現在人已離去, 原稿再次翻出來發表, 並放在
我相信最有趣的, 一定是Henri Cartier-Bresson究竟說了什麼是他本人不想發表的呢? 可惜這篇文章裡沒有提到. 而我也很想找回原版來了解真相.
但單單讀這篇人物訪談, 也大致感覺他無所不談, 而且相當直接坦率, 沒有過份賣弄什麼, 抽取幾點有意思的:
1) About Magnum: “Capa was a brilliant ideas man and he handled most of the business……sometimes he would pay the secretaries through his winnings from poker and the horses when times were bad.” (<成報>出唔到糧時可以試下得唔得?)
2) About Surrealist: “I was interested in Surrealism, but Capa said ‘Don’t call yourself a surrealist – call yourself a photojournalist. You will still be able to make the same pictures’.” (capa都好似寸得幾應)
3) About Life: “You can’t photograph society and make a point, you prove nothing. I found this out when I went to Russia in 1954, I photographed 2 soldiers holding hands, and the people at Life thought they were gay. They had a very puritanical attitude.” (又好似真係過份D……)
4) About “Decisive moment”: “The title come about from a quotation by Cardinal de Retz, ‘There is nothing in the world that hasn’t a decisive moment’……it is about geometry, distance and time. It is when the head, eye and the heart are on the same axis. ”
5) About photography: “I must admit though that I could live without looking at photographs. I couldn’t say that about painting.”
6) About being a famous photographer: “Very embarrassed!”
Very embarrassed!! 咁我地呢D做細呃飯食的, 就要very very very very very very very very very very embarrassed啦!!